Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
1. Program applicants must apply through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS).
2. Applicants must be graduates of accredited dental schools.
3. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and eligible for a dental license in the state of Michigan.
4. Interviews are conducted in November.
5. Supplemental application to the Wayne State University School of Medicine. (File provided below.)
Interviews are conducted in November.
Ascension Macomb Hospital's OMFS Residency Program offers 1-week externship opportunities. For consideration for an externship, students should be a registered 3rd or 4th year dental student in good standing from an accredited school in the United States. Externship weeks are offered as Monday-Friday or Monday-Sunday.
Dental students are provided a broad understanding and scope of the specialty and experience in office-based dentoalveolar procedures. During the externship students are expected to participate in morning rounds, supervised OR and clinic cases, attend didactic, and observe trauma patients in the ED.
We DO NOT provide externships during the last two weeks of June and the first two week July.Student housing is available on a first come first serve basis at Ascension Macomb Oakland Hospital Oakland Campus located at 27351 Dequindre Road, Madison Heights, MI 48071, contact the student coordinator regarding availability. Candlewood Suites offere reduced rates to visitors of Ascension Macomb Oakland Hospital, located minutes from the hospital at 7010 Convention Blvd, Warren MI 48089. Contact Elen Aprea for the negotiated rate at 586-987-1261 ext. 419.
Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital in partnership with Covenant Community Health Offers two-one year internships beginning July 1. The OMF Interns are integrated with the OMFS Residency Program at Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital and function as PGY1 level residents.
Participates of this program share split duties between Ascension St. John Oral Surgery and Dental Clinic and Covenant Community Health Dental Offices.
- Permanent Resident of the United States or US Citizen
- Graduated from an accredited dental school in the United States or Canada
- Valid, Full Michigan Dental License (NERB or other board plus written NERB)
- NPI Number
- Personal DEA License
Physician Diagnosis Course
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, most recent dental school transcript, national dental board scores (Part I & II), NBME Score, three letters of recommendation, personal statement, and recent photo.
Email documents to:
Jennifer Lucci, BS, C-TAGME
Residency Program Coordinator
Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program