Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
Welcome to Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program. Initially, our program began with Michigan Osteopathic Medical Center in 1972. It was a merger of two Detroit Hospitals - Zieger Hospital that opened in 1944 and Art Centre Hospital which opened in 1942. The program then relocated to St. John Detroit Riverview Hospital in January, 1992. With the closure of St. John Detroit Riverview in 2007, the program has since resided at Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital which has been an integral part of Southeast Michigan since March of 1966.
Ascension has invested $54M on a renovation and expansion for the Warren Campus that was completed in May 2019. The addition of an East bed-tower has expanded our single-bed room capacity to 85% and improved morale and patient satisfaction by double digits. On schedule for 2020 are the following: a new ultrasound for L&D, an expansion of LDRP capacity from 8 to 12 beds, enlarging our Central Command Space, a new Resident Work Room and an updated Nursery.
Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital is a teaching hospital and is designated as a medical education partner with Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Statewide Campus System.
The Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program is committed to women's health through the Osteopathic and holistic practice of obstetrics and gynecology, with an emphasis on education and research.