- Anticoagulant dosing
- Pharmacokinetic antibiotic dosing for vancomycin and the aminoglycosides
- Interdisciplinary rounding services in all intensive care units and with the family medicine residency team
- Cardiac arrest / code blue emergency response
- Emergency department trauma code response
- Code stroke response
- Protocol-driven initiatives (e.g., renal dosing, antimicrobial dosing based on indication, IV to PO, therapeutic interchange)
- Targeted patient education and transitions of care optimization
- Oral methotrexate
- U-500 regular insulin
- Heart failure
- Opioid awareness education and naloxone access
Our pharmacy practice model extends to the outpatient setting and includes ambulatory care pharmacist services provided to the Ascension Medical Group's East Flint Campus Family Health Center, the Downtown Flint Internal Medicine Clinic, and the Genesys Heart Center. Our site also features an onsite outpatient pharmacy which facilitates medication access through the bedside prescription delivery service.
Concerning centralized pharmacy services, our professional staff members are supported by technical staff members who aid in medication dispensing, preparation, and delivery. Additionally, our department thoughtfully uses automated processes and technology to enhance workflow and productivity.