Residency applications will only be accepted and reviewed via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). The deadline to submit a completed application is October 1, 2023
. Our program will participate in the NRMP Match in 2024 and any unfilled positions will be filled via the SOAP process.
The Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program accepts three residents per year. The interview date for applicants applying to the 2024-2025 residency class is scheduled for Saturday, November 18, 2023. We only offer one interview date and the interview will be conducted virtually.
It's highly recommended that you complete an audition rotation as a medical student if possible. To complete an audition rotation, please see the 'undergraduate medical education' section of our website.
The following items are required for your application to be considered complete:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Medical School transcripts
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) formerly known as the Dean’s Letter
- Three letters of recommendation from recent supervising physicians
- COMLEX 1 and 2 transcripts and/or
- USMLE transcripts (Step 1-required, Step 2-preferred)
- All COMLEX and USMLE exams must be passed on the first attempt
- Our program does not sponsor Visas
- Candidates must be within two years of graduation from medical school.
Candidates must recognize that physicians matriculating into the Ascension Genesys Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program will be expected to:
- Satisfactorily complete all of their medical school’s requirements culminating in graduation from medical school in good standing
- Provide proof of graduation from medical school
- Provide a valid ECFMG certification (if applicable)
- Be eligible for a training license as a resident physician in the State of Michigan
- Must be able to assume all responsibilities of training by July 1. All appointees must report for orientation the last two weeks in June.