Ascension St. John Hospital is a 772-bed tertiary care Level 1 Trauma Center located on Detroit's east side. Because of its location, Ascension St. John Emergency Department (ED) serves patients from the inner city as well as the adjacent suburban areas, providing a diverse Emergency Department is the busiest ED in Wayne County, seeing approximately 107,000 patients per year.
About the Emergency Department
The Emergency Department has a separate Pediatric Emergency area located within the department that is staffed by fellowship-trained Emergency Pediatrics faculty. Roughly 25% of all patient visits are pediatric, providing residents with excellent experience in emergency pediatrics.
Additional facts about our Emergency Medicine Residency:
- 73 bed Emergency Department
- Resuscitation area capable of 8 simultaneous codes
- 24 bed Pediatric Emergency Department
- 15 bed Behavioral Health Annex
- 32 bed Observation Unit (CDU)
- 24/7 Emergency Department Social Workers
- 24/7 Emergency Department Pharmacist
- Center for Acute Stroke and Acute MI
- SIMWARS Champs 2019
- Sonocup Champs 2017