Minimum Non-Academic Requirements
To be considered for acceptance in the Sonography Program, the applicants must meet all the following non-academic requirements.
- Be 18 years of age or older by June 1st of the year the applicant is applying for enrollment.
- Be eligible to work in the United States as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents).
- Submit a fully completed and signed electronically or by hand an application for admission by January 31.
- Submit with the application for admission a $40 application fee in the form of a money order or bank check by January 31. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Attend an in-person pre-admission conference. Dates, times and located are found herein.
- Submit official academic transcripts from all post-secondary colleges, technical schools, vocational or other post-secondary institutions attended.
- Submit a narrative essay answering the following questions:
- Explain why you want to be a general and/or vascular sonographer
- Describe what you believe are essential traits of a diagnostic medical sonographer
- List and explain your long-term career goals
- Disclose on the application for admission all criminal proceedings including a conviction of or guilty plea to any felony or misdemeanor other than minor traffic violations.
- Disclose on the application for admission if a professional license or certification suspended or revoked by any certifying agency or governing body.