- Very supportive learning environment
- Monthly resident social events organized by peer nominated social chairs
- Yearly day long residency sponsored resident-only retreats
- Free exercise facilities at the hospital
- Strong sense of team camaraderie
- Fantastic inter-specialty relationships
- Activities such as various sports teams, Pacer game outings and resident picnics attended by residents of all specialties
We believe that establishing a healthy balance between work and life roles begins in residency. At Ascension St. Vincent, we strive to promote work-life balance and support residents in caring for themselves first, in order to better care for their patients. We believe this begins with modeling balance among our faculty, while also advocating for residents physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual needs.