Absolute Criteria for Application
- Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) as part of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). We are unable to accept any documents via fax or email. There are no pre-match positions available.
- We only sponsor J-1 Visas
- Graduation from a U.S. medical school or a World Health Organization listed on the Medical Board of California* approved medical school list AND NOT on the Indiana Licensing Board Disapproval List or Questionable List within the last 3 years.
- FMG/IMGs must have a minimum of three months US clinical experience, i.e. Externship with written evaluation (observership does not fulfill this requirement).
- ECFMG certification steps completed before the match results are due.
- All USMLE/COMLEX Step exams must be passed within 2 attempts; Passing step 1 and 2 results are required prior to rank list due date.
Preferred Criteria for Application
- Demonstrated interest in Family Medicine and dedication to uphold the core values of St. Vincent:Service of the Poor, Integrity, Reverence, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication.
- Twelve (12) months of US clinical experience or externship with written evaluation for FMG/IMG.
- All USMLE examinations completed within the last 5-years. We prefer to see scores at or above the mean.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- For those who have graduated from medical school, we prefer ECFMG certification be provided via ERAS by October 31.