Salary and Benefits
Ascension Saint Joseph - Chicago cares about the development of our family medicine residents and their families. That's why we embrace work-life balance that includes a generous salary and benefits package, reasonable call schedule, ample vacation and meeting time as some of the ways we encourage this balance, which also enhances personal and professional growth.
Resident stipends are reviewed annually to maintain competitiveness and reflect cost of living increases.
Postgraduate year 1 - $60,623
Postgraduate year 2 - $62,929
Postgraduate year 3 - $65,126
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Three weeks annual paid vacation each year — Vacations are generally taken in one-week blocks from Monday–Friday. Weekends on both sides of vacation week are protected, whenever possible. In addition, one week professional leave may be taken for PGY2 and PGY3 residents to attend a medical conference. A stipend is provided for conference attendance or the purchase of educational resource materials.
- Interview days provided upon approval of the program director
- Parental leave
Continuing medical education (CME) stipends
An educational stipend is provided to support additional learning. The amount varies by program and training level. Residents receive $1,750 (pre-tax) each year.
- ACLS, PALS, BLS and ALSO certifications
- Free, enclosed, on-site parking
- Meal allowance and discounted meals in the cafeteria
- 24-hour library with online resources (DynaMed, OVID, EBSCO)
- Lab coats (2) and scrubs