Elective Rotations Available To Visiting Students
- Cardiology – 4 weeks
- Emergency Medicine (4th year only) – 4 weeks
- Gastroenterology–4 weeks
- General Internal Medicine–4 weeks
- General Surgery–4 weeks
- Hematology/Oncology–2 or 4 weeks
- Nephrology–4 weeks
- Neurology–2 or 4 weeks
- Pathology–2 or 4 weeks
- Pulmonary Medicine–4 weeks
- Units/Critical Care (4th year only)–4 weeks
- Vascular Surgery–2 or 4 weeks
- Verify your school is affiliated with Ascension Genesys Hospital on the list below (contact Sharon.Topolinski@ascension.org if it is not).
- Submit an online request. The request is only for elective rotations - this will not be considered for an audition rotation. VSLO will NOT be used for elective requests. You must submit a request via the website. You will be contacted as soon as possible. Elective rotations are accepted starting January 3, 2023 until March 27, 2023 for elective rotations starting from January 30, 2023 until April 24, 2023. These dates may change if the program is accepting audition rotations during this time frame.
- The rotation will be scheduled based upon availability and availability is very limited. Once you receive your rotation confirmation after scheduling, you must contact your school to provide the required documentation. All communication regarding the rotation will be done by email.
- If you are using our housing, you must complete the housing agreement in New Innovations. Directions to access this will be sent with your onboarding information.
- If you are on the waitlist for housing and have not heard anything prior to a week before the start, you will be contacted with the community housing available.
- The week prior to the rotation, you will begin receiving emails from the UME Manager re: documents and orientation times, directions.
- Certain rotations have required reading prior to starting the rotation. This will be emailed to you the week before.
- The first day of the rotation, you will be scheduled for orientation, a tour of the hospital and computer training. Depending upon the number of students, it should take approximately 3 hours.
- On your last day of the rotation, you are required to complete a checkout sheet and return your badge, housing keys, and scrubs to the scrub return machine.