Continuing Medical Education
Welcome to Genesys CME
The Continuing Medical Educational Program at Ascension Genesys Hospital is responsible for the identification of the educational needs of our providers. It strives to provide high quality educational opportunities that are designed to advance physician’s competence, enhance practice performance, promote patient safety and where possible, improve patient outcomes in the populations served by the healthcare providers we educate. Live courses, regularly scheduled sessions (RSS), and jointly provided activities will be designed based upon physician need as identified through chart audit, staff survey, literature review (general, specialty and sub-specialty), local and state health databases, as well as clinical research (allopathic and osteopathic).
Our program is approved by Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) for Category 1A credit. The AOA and MSMS has awarded us with Accreditation with Commendation. Our programs are recognized as high-quality education that meets the needs of our physicians and surrounding community.
In addition, some of our programs seek additional accreditation from American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative and Michigan Board of Nursing Home Administrators.
- Congdon Lecture Series
- Joint Provided Courses
- Regularly Scheduled Sessions (RSS)
- Cardiology Conference
- Department of Medicine Lecture
- Department of Medicine Quality Oversight Committee
- Family Practice Lecture
- Field Neuro Institute Case Review (Ascension St. Mary's)
- Field Neuro Institute Journal Review (Ascension St. Mary's)
- Neuroscience Conference
- OBGYN Quality Oversight Committee
- Pediatric Lecture
- Pediatric Oversight Committee
- Genesys PHO Clinical Health Informatics
- Stroke Case Reveiw
- Tumor Board
Meet the Staff
- Dana Burtrum, MAOM – Regional CME Coordinator
- Stephanie West, DO – Congdon Physician Lead