Welcome to Ascension St. Vincent! We are here to take great care of patients and help each other grow!
I'm so excited to share our program with you as you are determining your best fit for residency training. We are a dynamic and innovative program in constant evolution to meet the current and future needs of our residents and community. We are a values-based residency program embedded in a mission-driven organization. This is "Who We Are."
ASCENSION ST. VINCENT INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENCY: WHO WE ARE
- We are excellent physician professionals and leaders.
- We are people of integrity.
- We model empathy, respect, and compassion for patients and colleagues.
- We have a culture of curiosity, feedback, accountability, self-reflection, and continuous evolution.
- We are creative and innovative.
- We strive for equity and transparency.
- We embody positivity, honesty, and teamwork.
- We are forward-thinking, anticipatory, and visionary in determining how medical education is influenced by societal and healthcare pressures and trends.
- We understand that what is best for our patients is also best for our learners.
- We seek a diverse team of physicians who represent our community.
- We provide high-quality evidence-based care and are committed to lifelong learning.
- We promote high-value education and continuous, real-time, and resident-driven change.
- We are a values-centered (Ascension St. Vincent Core Values), mission-driven residency program serving the current and future needs of our community.
- We believe that a supportive learning environment and strong mentorship are critical to the professional and personal success of our learners and faculty.
Please use this website to learn more about our program and what we have to offer. I look forward to meeting you! Sincerely,
Laurel B. Fick, MD, FACP (she/her)
Ascension St. Vincent Internal Medicine Residency Program Director