St. Vincent's Family Medicine Residency Program Criteria
Must have recent medical training or practice experience
- Must have completed medical school within the past two years or
- Must have been trained in an accredited internship or residency program within the past year or must have been in active medical practice within the past year
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must have passed Steps 1 and 2 CK/CE within two attempts
- Must have passed Step 2 CS/PE exam on the first attempt
- Must have passed Step 2 at the time of rank list submission
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor work visas.
Residents are required to obtain a state medical license prior to completion of the residency program.
Licensure Criteria for the State of Florida:
Details are available at the State of Florida Department of Health.
Must be a graduate of an allopathic/osteopathic medical school or approved by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education
Must hold a valid certificate issued by the Education Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates
Must be a graduate of an foreign medical school in good standing with the World Health Organization
Graduates anticipating licensure in states other than Florida must verify licensure requirements of each state to insure eligibility.