Family Medicine Residency Program
Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME): Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to accredited residency programs:
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and/or
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the American Osteopathic Association and/or
- Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
Have a current valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and/or
Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction
St. Vincent's Family Medicine Residency Program Criteria
- Must have recent medical training or practice experience
- Must have completed medical school within the past two years or
- Must have been trained in an accredited internship or residency program within the past year or must have been in active medical practice within the past year
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must have passed Steps 1 and 2 CK/CE within two attempts
- Must have passed Step 2 CS/PE exam on the first attempt
- Must have passed Step 2 at the time of rank list submission
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor work visas.
Residents are required to obtain a state medical license prior to completion of the residency program.
Licensure Criteria for the State of Florida:
Details are available at the State of Florida Department of Health.
Must be a graduate of an allopathic/osteopathic medical school or approved by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education
Must hold a valid certificate issued by the Education Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates
Must be a graduate of an foreign medical school in good standing with the World Health Organization
Graduates anticipating licensure in states other than Florida must verify licensure requirements of each state to insure eligibility.
St. Vincent's accepts applications through ERAS only. You may contact the AAMC eras to register. We also participate with the National Resident Matching Program.